Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Positive Thought For Success

By Martin Forshaw

I have decided to write this article as I believe that many people could benefit if they familiarise themselves with the power of positive thinking. I strongly believe that by creating the right mindset (a positive mindset) you will see better results for whatever it is you want to achieve.

I would firstly like to give you some working examples whereby positive thinking has significantly helped me achieve results in my personal and professional life. Firstly, whilst at university, I was very often required to give presentations and I was delivering a minimum of 5 per week (only for one semester). I suffered from a lack of confidence and I was so convinced I would mess the presentations up, I inevitably did. This went on for the whole semester, until I read a book on positive thought. It taught me to block out the negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones, which I did by pretending that I knew more about the particular subject than anyone in the world. Then by thinking positively, for example I will deliver this presentation with minimal stutter and hesitation in a clear pronounced voice. I would also go over the perfect delivery in my mind to install into my mind exactly what I wanted to happen and I noticed significant results. This is because my mind was focused 100% on things that I wanted to do and not bogged down with the useless negativity.

I also play a lot of sport and I have implemented the positive thinking strategies here. When I play golf I used to stand at the tee on the first hole with lots and lots of negativity going through my head. What if I miss the ball completely? What if I slice it? What if I hook it? I now stand at the tee thinking I am going to hit the perfect shot, straight and far. Does it always happen? Nope! But it happens twice as much as it used to. It helps by picturing in your mind exactly what you want to do, I believe this way you are letting your brain know and it can go about trying to help you accomplish it. Start thinking negatively and your brain may take this as instruction as to what you want to do. I think when you say it like that, it makes the most sense.

I believe strongly in the power of positive thinking, although I really only consider myself a novice as I have only scratched the surface in terms of what else I might be able to achieve from it. Give it a try next time you are in a negative situation, you have absolutely nothing to lose.

For more information regarding the powers of positivity and free quotes to encourage positive behaviour visit http://yourhealthfiles.com/positive_thinking_phrases.html

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Martin_Forshaw

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

You've got a really wonderful weblog. To turn into a prosperous man or woman the basic factor should be to have positive thinking.