Friday, June 20, 2008

An Experiment in Positive Affirmations

By Simon Meadowcroft

Sometimes after people have read my articles they write to me and tell me how they like what I have written and that I have really got things sorted out internally.

I have to tell them that my life is not organized, I often screw up and I often give the advice "do as I say and not as I do". The truth is that mentally I now have the right attitude, the problem I have is putting my thoughts into action.

In one way it is not surprising that I have mental development work to do. It is the reason that I started writing my articles in the first place and my problems with self esteem in the past are the very thing which allows me to empathize with people who are suffering with negative attitudes and negative self image.

So firstly I have to state clearly what I need to do:

'Program at a subconscious level the thinking that I have been developing at a conscious level'

The technique I intend to employ is positive affirmations, every morning I will repeat the following affirmations that I have developed.

1. I am a giving person

2. I can do anything I put my mind to

3. I am worthy of the respect of others

4. I am inspiring to others

5. I will become organized

6. I will improve my memory

7. I will sail through minor setbacks

8. I will handle major setbacks

9. I will learn the positive lesson from each setback

In order to further reinforce the process of infusing my subconscious with positive energy I am also looking for positive feedback from people in what I am trying to do. So if you can provide some helpful positive feedback to this article please do.

I will be writing follow up articles on my experiences with using positive affirmations, watch this space.

PS, if you are in need of some encouraging words, please let me know.

Simon

I am a husband, and father of one son who works as an engineer. I became involved in writting articles about self improvement and positive attitude as part of a process of developing a more positive attitude to life myself.

I am committed to making my thoughts freely available to anybody who takes interest in reading my articles in the hope that they can similarly make their attitude more positive.

For anybody who is interested in improving their attitude to life and would like to see more of my articles or simply wants some advice on how they can feel better about themselves please visit my website http://www.positivity.9f.com - I am interested in any feedback about whether my articles are providing a positive benefit.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Simon_Meadowcroft

No comments: